Saturday, May 10, 2008

Brooks Brothers v.s Ralph Lauren

I like to think my readership is educated and so destined for atleast middle class prosperity. As such, you all probably run into the dillema I faced today, namely do I get my kicking digs from Brooks Brothers or Ralph Lauren. A discussion follows:

1. Brooks Brother is the absolute mac daddy of reasonably priced shirt making. They dont crease, they dont discolour, they do your Excel when you are tired.

2. Ralph Lauren is the single biggest lifestyle label on earth. They have made one leathery man a billionaire and the rest of us into horse lovers. However, examined closely, and there is no subtle way to say this "their clothes fucking suck". I made my first money peddling these shoddily manufactured cotton monstrosities and the quality has not improved since. Still the brand image stolen from the British Raj today reigns supreme over the crocodile and the knight.

3. Who the fuck cares, rock both these bitches

Today's shopping saw me pick up two pimp-tastic BB shirts and some funky pants from RL that could see be being fired before the week is out. But as the old saying goes, if they actually notices the threads in your pants.....

No comments: